The 2019 Application Process is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the English Opens Doors Program! At this time, the 2019 application process is closed. We will open the 2020 application process in the first week of October. To receive an announcement when the 2020 application process opens, please sign up for our mailing list here.
In the meantime, please read through the Volunteer Requirements (listed below) and check out our website to learn more about volunteering with the English Opens Doors Program.
If you have any questions or concerns pertaining information on our website or the process outlined below, please feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant Requirements for EODP Volunteers:
- Be a native or near-native English speaker
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by the program start date
- Be between 21 and 35 years old (applicants over 35 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Be mentally and physically capable of teaching children
- Be willing to dedicate their energy and time to teaching, and making students their priority
- Have experience living or travelling in another country
- Have an interest in Chilean culture and living in a developing country
- Be highly committed, responsible, and flexible
- Have access to sufficient funds in order to cover personal expenditures throughout the duration of the program
- Assume the associated costs (transportation to consulate, cost of obtaining documents) of obtaining a Temporary Residence Visa before arriving in Chile (direct visa fees from the consulate will be waived)
- Assume the cost of international transportation to Santiago according to the program start date