We are excited to announce that our 2020 application process is now open!
The link to the application form is located at the bottom of this page.
Before filling out an application, we strongly encourage you to read the Applicant Requirements section located below and the Volunteer Roles and Benefits page, linked here.
Please note that our application process is a rolling one so candidates will be accepted on that basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
Applicant Requirements for English Opens Doors Program Volunteers:
- Be a fluent speaker of English
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by the program start date
- Be between 21 and 35 years old (applicants over 35 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Be mentally and physically capable of teaching children
- Be willing to dedicate their energy and time to teaching, and make students their priority
- Have experience living or travelling in another country
- Have an interest in Chilean culture and living in a developing country
- Be highly committed, responsible, and flexible
- Have access to sufficient funds in order to cover personal expenditures throughout the duration of the program
- Assume the associated costs (transportation to consulate, cost of obtaining documents) of obtaining a Temporary Residence Visa before arriving in Chile (direct visa fees from the consulate will be waived)
- Assume the cost of international transportation to Santiago according to the program start date
The English Opens Doors Program Application Process:
- Candidate fills out and submits application form (located at the bottom of this page). Candidate will also download the recommendation form (located here) and send it to their reference person for completion.
- Candidate is contacted by the National Volunteer Center and asked to submit supporting documents.
- Candidate schedules and participates in a SKYPE interview with a member of the National Volunteer Center team.
- Candidate will hear from the National Volunteer Center regarding their application status approximately 3 weeks after the interview.
Please note! Candidates who plagiarize their essays in their applications will be immediately removed from the 2020 application process and will not be considered for any of our 2020 volunteer services.