The 2019 Application Process is now open!
We are excited to announce that our 2019 application process is now open! Before filling out an application (the link can be found at the bottom of this page), we strongly encourage you to please read the “Applicant Requirements” section, provided below, and the information pertaining the volunteer’s role and benefits which is provided on the “Volunteer Roles and Benefits” page, linked here.
Please note that our application process is a rolling process so candidates will be accepted on that basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
If you have any questions or concerns pertaining information on our website or the process outlined below, please feel free to write us at email@example.com.
- Be a native or near-native English speaker
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by the program start date
- Be between 21 and 35 years old (applicants over 35 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Be mentally and physically capable of teaching children
- Be willing to dedicate their energy and time to teaching, and making students their priority
- Have experience living or travelling in another country
- Have an interest in Chilean culture and living in a developing country
- Be highly committed, responsible, and flexible
- Have access to sufficient funds in order to cover personal expenditures throughout the duration of the program
- Assume the associated costs (transportation to consulate, cost of obtaining documents) of obtaining a Temporary Residence Visa before arriving in Chile (direct visa fees from the consulate will be waived)
- Assume the cost of international transportation to Santiago according to the program start date
The English Opens Doors Program Application Process:
- Candidate fills out and submits application form (located here). Candidate will also download the recommendation form (located here) and send it to their reference person for completion.
- Candidate is contacted by the NVC and asked to submit supporting documents.
- Candidate schedules and carries out an interview with a member of the National Volunteer Center team.
- Candidate will hear from the National Volunteer Center regarding their applicant status approximately 2 weeks after the interview.