At this time, our 2020 application process is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in our Volunteer Initiative! Please check back in mid-September for information regarding our 2021 application process and volunteer service dates.
In the meantime, please feel free to read through the information on our website including information regarding the Volunteer Roles and Benefits, page linked here.
For your reference:
Applicant Requirements for English Opens Doors Program Volunteers:
- Be a fluent speaker of English
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by the program start date
- Be between 21 and 35 years old (applicants over 35 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Be mentally and physically capable of teaching children
- Be willing to dedicate their energy and time to teaching, and make students their priority
- Have experience living or travelling in another country
- Have an interest in Chilean culture and living in a developing country
- Be highly committed, responsible, and flexible
- Have access to sufficient funds in order to cover personal expenditures throughout the duration of the program
- Assume the associated costs (transportation to consulate, cost of obtaining documents) of obtaining a Temporary Residence Visa before arriving in Chile (direct visa fees from the consulate will be waived)
- Assume the cost of international transportation to Santiago according to the program start date.